What is Lens Protocol?
- Lens Protocol is a composable and decentralized social graph, ready for you to build on so you can focus on creating a great experience, not scaling your users.
- Earth first. Polygon's eco-friendly blockchain allows each publication on Lens Protocol to have a low carbon footprint while being on a low-cost, secure blockchain.
How does the Lens Protocol compare to existing social networks and graphs?
- Lens Protocol seeks to solve major issues in existing social media networks. Namely, Web2 networks all read from their unique, centralized database.
- There is no portability.
- Your profile, friends, and content are locked to a specific network and owned by the network operator. This causes each network to fight a zero-sum game for your attention.
- Lens Protocol corrects this by being a user-owned, open social graph that any application can plug into.
- Since users own their data, they can bring it to any application built on top of Lens Protocol.
- As the true owners of their content, creators no longer need to worry about losing their content, audience, and livelihood based on the whims of an individual platform's algorithms and policies.
- Additionally, each application using Lens Protocol benefits the whole ecosystem, turning the zero-sum game into a collaborative one.
- Developers can design meaningful social experiences without needing to turn to feedback mechanisms to lock in a user's attention.
Lens Protocol Documentation