What is Arweave?
- Arweave is a protocol that allows you to store data permanently, sustainably, with a single upfront fee.
- The protocol matches people who have hard drive space to spare with those individuals and organizations that need to store data or host content permanently. This is similar to how Uber connects drivers with people who need transport. This is achieved in a decentralized network, like Bitcoin, and all data stored is backed by a sustainable endowment ensuring it is available in perpetuity.
- On top of the core Arweave protocol lives the permaweb: A global, permanent web of pages and applications that live forever.
- You can read an introduction to Arweave and the permaweb here.
- You can read more about Arweave’s mining mechanism here, and more about its bandwidth-sharing system here.
- The Arweave community has built a complete suite of tools and services that allow you to launch completely decentralized applications that live on top of this permaweb. These tools offer everything from UI hosting, to database writes and queries, as well as smart contracts for programming financial rewards and incentives. This stack of tools is composable and interchangeable, allowing you to find the perfect combination of technologies to fit the needs of your decentralized web app.
- The Arweave network is powered by the AR token, which can be found on most major exchanges.
- Arweave is a completely community-owned and operated open source network. This wiki is our collective knowledge base about the permaweb, hosted on the permaweb itself. Anyone can contribute to this wiki and help us build the new web. You can find out more about how to get involved here.
Arweave Documentation Wiki
Arweave Developer Learning Resources